Learn how to effectively do business analysis in agile teams
By attending this 3-day course you will gain a deep understanding on how you and your team can perform business analysis activities in the agile context. You will learn and use agile business analysis approach to a sample scenario, so that after the course you can go back to your organization and apply what you have learnt.
This BCS Agile Business Analysis course is for anyone wishing to understand and apply business analysis tasks in the agile context. In agile teams, Product Owner as well as development team members perform tasks that lead to requirements discovery and delivery. The cadence and depth of these activities for agile teams differ though from traditional life cycles. This course provides overview of the agile business analysis approach and teaches techniques that fit well with the agile approach and philosophy.
CONTENT OF THE COURSE
During this course the following topics of business analysis in agile environment will be discussed:
Module 1: Agile Philosophy
- The rationale for adopting an Agile approach
- The Agile Manifesto
- The three overarching aspects of Agile
- Business Analysis thinking and how it is relevant in Agile business
Module 2: Agile principles
- The 12 core principles
- Key principle – collaborative working
- Key principle – self organising teams
- Key principle – continuous improvement
- Key principle – iterative development and incremental delivery
- Key principle – building in change
Module 3: Agile methods
- Elements of a method
- Defined vs. empirical methods
- Characteristics of Agile methods
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Agile methods
- Roles in Agile
- BA roles in Agile
Module 4: Business Analysis in Agile context
- BABOK and the Agile extension
- The Agile framework
- Stakeholder groups
- Business value definition
Module 5: Modelling in agile context
- Rationale and principles for Agile modelling
- Hierarchy of models using the Functional Model Map (FMM)
- Use Case Modelling
- MoSCoW prioritisation
Module 6: Decomposing and organising business goals
- Goal decomposition vs Functional decomposition
- Benefits of a goal decomposition approach as the basis for agile development
- Iterations, releases and goals
Module 7: Agile Requirements
- Hierarchy of requirements and how this relates to agile teams
- User Roles
- User Stories
- Definition of Ready
- User Story Life Cycle
- Patterns for splitting epics: compound and complex
- Documenting non-functional requirements
Module 8: Understand what’s doable – requirements management
- The solution backlog
- Managing the backlog
- Estimation techniques: Wideband Delphi, Relative sizing, Planning poker
Module 9: Planning the iteration
- Planning the iteration
- Calculating and utilising velocity
- Techniques to manage the iteration
Module 10: BA role in agile teams
- Agile business analysis
Module 11: Exam
Our courses are organised in small groups of 12 delegates. We believe that small groups foster interaction and collaboration during the assignments and contribute to learning.
At the end of the third training day delegates will take an exam.
FORM OF THE EXAM
The exam is a 90-minute assessment comprising two sections.
– Section A comprises 20 multiple-choice questions worth two marks each.
– Section B uses scenarios and asks candidates to answer multiple-choice questions and to construct short responses to questions. Section B is worth 60 marks in total.
The examination is closed book i.e. no materials can be taken into the examination room. The pass mark is 65/100 (65%) overall and candidates must also achieve a score of at least 20/40 (50%) on Section A and at least 30/60 (50%) on Section B.
Positive exam result will award delegates with the BCS Professional Certificate in Agile Business Analysis.
The course costs € 1650,00 (excluding 21% VAT) per person. This amount includes training materials and exam costs.
The exam costs € 350,00 (excluding 21% VAT), and is included in the price.
Delegates will receive a binder with slides (including speaker notes) and a book “Agile Business Analysis”, recommended by BCS.
Coffee/tea and lunch are included in the price of the training. If you have any diet requirements due to food allergies, please don’t forget to mention them during your registration procedure.
You will receive an invoice after your registration is completed. Please assure the payment is settled within 30 days or before start date of the training, at the latest.
Fill in your details to download the brochure.
If you have doubts whether this course is suitable for your team/organization, do not hesitate to contact us. We can explain the details of different certification programmes for business analysts and advise you on what can work for your team and your organization.
Share on social media